Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Pacific Shipper, 11 February 2008

(February 12/08)

My father told me how the stevedores (ste·ve·dore, to work as a dockworker, loading and unloading ships, or unload a particular ship, see Rotterdam, stevedores fruit-handling agreement, Pacific Shipper, 11 February 2008, 165 words [English]) would change the side-boards of the fish crates, haddock for cod, bluefin for red snapper, raising the profit-margin accordingly. As I have never eaten a fish I liked or enjoyed (even tinned tuna) the issue seems moot, for me at least.

(February 11/08-Supplementary)

I have never eaten a fish I liked or enjoyed. My father’s father managed the Mercury Fish Co. in Montreal with one full leg and one three-quarter leg, the three-quarter leg having been amputated to stave off a nasty rasher of gangrene.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
"Poetry is the short-circuiting of meaning between words, the impetuous regeneration of primordial myth". Bruno Schulz
Powered By Blogger

Blog Archive