Thursday, February 07, 2008

I am a Linguaphone

(February 6/08)

Its not called a Jews’ carp, you moron…its called a Jews’ harp, get it…a Jews’ harp, not a Jews’ carp, ninny. By now, goodness me, by now you must know that I’m a silly ninny…yes, me, silly ninny me. Jews’ carp, what a silly ninny mad thing to think, to say, to think and say. Ninny: nin·ny·ish, ninnee (adjective), an offensive term that deliberately insults somebody's intelligence, common sense, or effectiveness (plural nin·nies).

Lamellophone, Linguaphone: refers to a musical instrument in which sound is produced by a vibrating member fixed at only one end. The Jew's harp, jaw harp, or mouth harp is thought to be one of the oldest
musical instruments in the world[attribution needed]; a musician apparently playing it can be seen in a Chinese drawing from the 3rd century BC. It is also sometimes called a Jew's trump or juice harp, among other names, and has no particular connection with Judaism. I warned you, one and all, never give mirth to mire or melody…dum-de-dum-de-doo!

No comments:

About Me

My photo
"Poetry is the short-circuiting of meaning between words, the impetuous regeneration of primordial myth". Bruno Schulz
Powered By Blogger

Blog Archive