Monday, January 28, 2008

A Tincture of Sleep

‘I wish I could sleep’ sayd Mulligan, ‘even were it for a moment, a tincture of sleepytime sleep. This is cowtime time, the time when all time, even time that hasn’t reared its untimely head, plays tricks on you, a noggin of time...so some say…so they do’. Albacorp tunuh with a musthard yelloo sawce, a wee wittal uv cowz milk sturr’d up in a Masun’s jhar: tha moor u frapit tha sweetar it geyts. Me mamar towld me that, me deer sweet mamar: so shee did so itsso.

1 comment:

Pearl said...

Interesting enacting of ticture of sleep as speech slurs into sleep. Remind's me of Johnny Bond's 10 Little Bottles song.

About Me

My photo
"Poetry is the short-circuiting of meaning between words, the impetuous regeneration of primordial myth". Bruno Schulz
Powered By Blogger

Blog Archive