Tuesday, January 15, 2008

El Cónsul General

(Jan 15/08)

The compulsion to repeat is mercenary, so much so that the simplest task, drying my face with a facecloth or tying my shoes (cinch-knots are my knot of choice) takes me an uncommonly long, long time. I am reading Witold Gombrowicz’s book of short stories 'Bacacay'. His writing speaks to me on a number of levels: intellectual, emotional, philosophical and physical (his words facilitating a rather pleasant numbness in the posterior annex of my anterior-lobe). I must ferry-off to sleep, as I have a rather busy day ahead of me (having left this one lagging behind).

(Jan 14/08)

I’d much rather stay home, safely ensconced in the womb of my bed (but as this is not to be or not be) I need muster up the warmth and courage to ferry-out into the snowy snow. If need be, which it might, I will borrow Karl’s broad-axe, the very one he uses to hack away at lengths of timber, and hack my way through the day.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
"Poetry is the short-circuiting of meaning between words, the impetuous regeneration of primordial myth". Bruno Schulz
Powered By Blogger

Blog Archive