Friday, August 15, 2008

Barrister’s Corn Whisky

Author’s aside: I am sideways to the left of myself, I am to one side out-of-the-way away from myself. (Antonym): I am or was or will be in reserve or apart or to one side of myself, or, I am up my sleeve away from myself. I am, notwithstanding being sideways to the side of myself, apart from myself. Or, I am in digression and or departure of myself, or, I am on a tangent of myself. Asides aside, I am beside myself.

The legless man drank Spruce Beer on hot days and mildly hot days. On warm days he drank Gibbet’s Ginger Ale through a straw. On cool days or coolly cold days, of which there were many, he drank Garret’s Green Leaf Tea with a sprig of lemon. On winter days he drank Potboy’s Coco with vanilla extract. On autumn days he drank Barrister’s Corn Whisky, whooshing. The day after Ships Day he drank McCarthy’s Cream Soda from a water glass. On the day in question he took neither a sip, draught, swallow or gulp of anything. On that day, the day in question, he chose to go without water, sodas, teas, coffee, malt beverages, whiskies and any and all potables that started with the letters C. L. Y. and W. Instead he ate mouthful upon mouthful of vegetables and legumes, meats and meat byproducts, candies, sweets, salted foods, foodstuffs and foods beginning with the letters B. Q. R. O. and Z.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
"Poetry is the short-circuiting of meaning between words, the impetuous regeneration of primordial myth". Bruno Schulz
Powered By Blogger

Blog Archive