Saturday, September 15, 2007

Prufrock Motor Co.

What in the name of the Ford Motor co. is this cad (the smallest or weakest piglet in a litter) up to, addling us with all this blather and rot? Where’s the story Horry? Why all this circuitousness? For the death of me I can’t find a weave anywhere, not a stitch. (He’s mad, surely mad). All this discombobulating and jumpiness, where will it all end? The story is in the discombobulation you silly nits! Stop all you’re whining and poor-me’s! I beg of you, have patience! The swaggerers’ in the wings preparing his Prufrock,

S’io credesse che mia risposta fosse
A persona che mai tornasse al mondo
Questa fiamma staria senza piu scosse
Ma perciocche giammai di questo fondo
Non torno vivo alcun, s’i’odo il vero,
Senza tema d’infamia ti rispondo

No comments:

About Me

My photo
"Poetry is the short-circuiting of meaning between words, the impetuous regeneration of primordial myth". Bruno Schulz
Powered By Blogger

Blog Archive