Thursday, December 29, 2005

ID-EOLOGY1


Ego-less Id Revisited
(Dec 29/05)
Now if I might, I would like to revisit the notion of the Ego-less Id, something I’m prone to do when sleep is but a clownish illusion, an unconscious wish never to be fulfilled. So we have the tripartite topography of the psyche: Id, Ego and Super Ego. Some post-Freudians like to include in this trinity the Pre-conscious, or as I am wont to refer to it, the boot room, the psyche-vestibule, if you may. If as Freud suggests, the Ego is derived, or formed, out of the Id, then we may further postulate that the Id, being the principle psychical mechanism, precedes personality, selfness, and the introduction of the Super Ego, or moral/ethical censor. The Super Ego is the mediator between the Id, whose job it is to satisfy infantile desires and wishes, and the Ego, which is the outside verifier of reality, or realities, as the case may be. For example, I have no solidified Ego, but rather what is referred to as a split-Ego, or condensation of Ego parts, or Ego-fragments.
I am what is referred to in psychoanalytic circles as ‘fucked up’, or Ego-intransigent. My Ego, or what stands-in for an Ego, is forever shifting and splitting, and re-shifting and re-splitting, ad infinitum, and with little regard for my psychical wellbeing. I am equilibrium-less, more to the point, psychologically capricious, or Ego-less, for lack of a better term. I am a nosology unto myself, a Freudian mishap, a psychical-cretin, a psychological compote, a verified without a verifier, to loosely paraphrase Lacan. I am an Ego-less Id. The clownish illusion seems to have lifted, thereby welcoming sleep into my Ego-less, ‘fucked up’ life. Good night and good Id.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
"Poetry is the short-circuiting of meaning between words, the impetuous regeneration of primordial myth". Bruno Schulz
Powered By Blogger

Blog Archive