Tuesday, December 27, 2005

GAULOISESLESS


Chocolate Something
(Dec 27/05)
I just ate something chocolate. It was very, very good. It was square, not rhomboid or rectangle, round, oval or in anyway circular. It was like a cake, but smaller, like a slice of small cake or something almost like a cake, yet too small to be called a cake. I like cakes, all sorts of cakes for that matter. As I will soon be out of cigarettes, I may have to switch to cakes, or something that resembles a cake, yet is really too small to be called or considered a cake. Perhaps what I ate, and may eat more of as I am out of cigarettes, was not a small cake at all, but the illusion of one, something chocolate and cake-like, but not cake in the least. A non-cake, perhaps, or a cake substitute or meta-cake if you may.
Some people, generally hobos and people born and raised in the Ozarks, for example, eat cigarettes, edible in that they are not like the type that you smoke, which are impossible to eat, should one be so inclined, but made to fit between your gum and cheek. This sort of tobacco is generally referred to as chewing tobacco, or chaw. It is eaten in pieces called quid(s), and it is recommended that one does not swallow either the chaw or the juices that are extricated during the chewing process, or chawing, should you prefer. Chaw makes one’s gums bleed and pyorrhea(ic).
This, I fear, is the root cause of vagrants, idlers, drifters and those bred and raised in mountainous geographies having such horrible teeth, gums and breath. Preferring cakes, or those things that resemble cakes, but are either too small or shaped like rhomboids, rectangles, ovals and anyway circular, (non-cakes) as I do, I have not run into this problem, or multiple of problems. I will stick to something chocolate, square, moist, but without juices, and relatively harmless.

1 comment:

John MacDonald said...

the horror.

About Me

My photo
"Poetry is the short-circuiting of meaning between words, the impetuous regeneration of primordial myth". Bruno Schulz
Powered By Blogger

Blog Archive