Sunday, November 13, 2005

ONE MAN


Meprobamate
No, maybe I meant rum-cakes or custard filled pastry horns, yolk-yellow saffron, a whey creamery cornucopia, devils’ tongues lappet and shellacked. No, I meant nothing of the sort. I meant that what I mean (what I montage) is meaningless at best, a plenitude of bland dithering and blather, nothing more. So it is I suppose, supposedly so. It is Sunday Sabbath day of dry biscuits, tannic hooch and bent-knees. A supplicants day of ‘I give-ups’ and ‘oh dear is me’s’. Gods be wary, we humans, heads-cocked to heavens know what or where above, are a humdrum, dim-witted bunch. I don’t care what another person or peoples believe, as long as they are good people; however, I take issue with those who’s beliefs, be that Christian, Judaic, Islamic, Isochronal, agnostic or atheist, are cause for evil, meanness, myopia, close-mindedness and abject stupidity. All beliefs should be based in humanism, in the simian, not in the ‘could be’ ‘was’ or ‘goodness I hope to gods it is, be’.
One Man
One man
murdering
another
In the face
of God
Is an atrocity
nothing more
No god
that I know of
Neither Muslim
nor Christian
Would condone
such inhumanity
Be that a god
or a heathen
such as I
Glen Gourd played the piano like a dervish, gods’ caliginous so-and-so: a gift from that place on high. He I would pay tribute to, perhaps Johanna or Ludwig Truck, but no other, or perhaps a heathen such as I, but that’s pushing good manners and will, a reprobation beyond calumny. I was into Webster’s C’s, as you can no doubt C. Oh woe is I, profligate sot-and-sot.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
"Poetry is the short-circuiting of meaning between words, the impetuous regeneration of primordial myth". Bruno Schulz
Powered By Blogger

Blog Archive