Friday, September 05, 2008

Big Bill Broonzy

W. Landsmen worked as a fierier for the Coop’s Gunpowder company in Tatuajes de Cangrejos. He held the job for the past 27 years, 15 of those as a fierier’s assistant before being promoted to chief fierier. W. Landsmen met the man in the hat the day after Ships Day. They agreed to meet the following year to discuss their fondness for Ball the Jack, a game played with Camel straw and Tangerian rubber balls. The man in the hat was meeting with the biggest dogman behind the aqueduct to show him the lyrics for the Big Bill Broonzy song Balling the Jack.

My baby's coming home.
I hope that she won't fail because I feel so good, I feel so good.
You know I feel so good, feel like balling the jack.

The song-sheet belonged to W. Landsmen who purchased it from a hawker with a fondness for cruppers and Witten hoops.

The biggest dogman was a big fan of Big Bill Broonzy, as both men shared a common bodily adjective. Both men were considered immense, giant, large, great big, enormously enormous, vast, whopping big, considerably large, substantial, substantially large, significantly whopping, bulky, massive, which included a reference to cumbersome, vastly cumbersome, wide, through the torso and hips, roomy, deeply significant, lofty, towering, as both men were well above 6’ 4, outsized, each man weighing in at just over 327 stone, generous, both in height and weight, portly and impossibly enormous. That afternoon the man in the hat said to the biggest dogman ‘…my baby's coming home, I feel so good, I feel so good, feel like balling the jack…’. The biggest dogman saying ‘…you know, I feel so good…'

No comments:

About Me

My photo
"Poetry is the short-circuiting of meaning between words, the impetuous regeneration of primordial myth". Bruno Schulz
Powered By Blogger

Blog Archive