Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Maybe Perhaps Louder

You could smell the yeast coming off her skin’ he said ‘ so pungent, so loudly offal I thought I was going to faint’. ‘They do smell, sometimes they do, I suppose they do’ said the alms man. ‘Yes, and loudlyadded the shamble leg man, ‘loud as a jet plane I’d say’. 'Perhaps louder' added the alms man. ‘Those people, them, they should wash, I mean clean up a little, yes they certainly should’. 'So they should, yes’ said the shamble leg man, ‘yes’. ‘Like a cake half-risen' said the alms man loudly. ‘More so, more than half-risen, wholly-risen but not quite, but just about’. ‘The nerve, the nerve of some people, the nerve of themsaid the alms man.

A pone-blue sky, some say cornmeal but pone is pone, pone-blue as the bluest pone-meal biscuit. The lams man stood eye-to-toe with the amble leg man, the lams man having sat down to recollect his ought’s. ‘I wish that I could run like the blindsaid the amble leg man. ‘Don’t you mean the wind?’ asked the lams man. ‘Perhapssaid the amble leg man, ‘perhaps the wind, too’. ‘Indeed you would, you wouldsaid the lams man loudly. ‘That too, blindly like blind wind’. Both the lams man and the amble leg man stood and said they’re goodbyes. (Coming off her skin, you could smell… It, most certainly, off her skin like an awful thought).

No comments:

About Me

My photo
"Poetry is the short-circuiting of meaning between words, the impetuous regeneration of primordial myth". Bruno Schulz
Powered By Blogger

Blog Archive