Sunday, March 05, 2006

LOs 7 MADmEN


Sortilege Fantasticalism
(March 05/06)
I purchased a copy of Roberto Arlt’s Los 7 Locos this afternoon. I will begin reading it when time permits. Arlt influenced what has become known as the Magic Realism School of South American Hispanic fiction. He was a fine and gentlemanly fellow, a nice chap indeed. A gentlemanly fellow with a stern brooding stare, an Agnostic Magic Partisan Non-Catholic Bolero’s gawk. I will highly enjoy the read, of that I am certain. His influence touched Julio Cortazar, Carlos Fuentes, Gabriel Garcia Marquez and Jorge Luis Borges, all four of whom I find most appealing indeed. He was a contemporary of Juan Carlos Onetti, and a friend of some other magic Latin writers with consonant names that are most troublesome to pronounce. I will keep you, indeed, posted indeed.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
"Poetry is the short-circuiting of meaning between words, the impetuous regeneration of primordial myth". Bruno Schulz
Powered By Blogger

Blog Archive